Make this recipe with a pasta (try the mushroom) from Pappardelle’s Pasta and you have added another depth of flavor. River Valley Ranch has your mushrooms and, the Parmesan from the Cheese People is over the top. Serve it with a glass of red from Glunz Family Winery to make great dinner for summer entertaining.
- 1/2 pound whole-grain pasta
- 2 tablespoons canola oi
- l 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut up
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return it to the pot.
- Heat the canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until browned, 4 to 6 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Add the olive oil, onion, and mushrooms to the skillet; season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, add the tomatoes and broth, and cook until the sauce has thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken and vegetables, Parmesan, and parsley to the pasta and toss to combine.
Recipe Courtesy of Real Simple