Great recipe for the peaches arriving fresh to the Market from Wayne Miller Michigan Fruit and Klug Orchards. Nonie’s Bees has your local honey. And, the pork tenderloin is available from Farmer Nick’s and Pastured Perfect. Another great meal Farmers Market meal.
Fresh Peach Salsa:
- 1 ripe, freestone peach
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon honey (more if the peaches are not really sweet)
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Pinch coarse sea salt
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
Honey Glazed Pork Tenderloin:
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons light, local honey
- 2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
For the salsa:
- Cut the peach in half. Remove the pit and dice the fruit. Place in a small bowl. Add the cilantro, onion, honey, oil, lime zest and juice, salt and pepper. Stir gently and allow to sit, covered.
For the pork:
- Remove excess fat and the silver skin from the tenderloin. Put the tenderloin in a shallow bowl large enough to accommodate it. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and sprinkle with the garlic, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with the honey. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Prepare a grill to medium-high heat. Put the marinated pork on the grill and cook, about 5 minutes. Shift the pork 90 degrees and grill for 5 more minutes. Flip it over and repeat. Cook until the internal temperature is 145 degrees F. Remove from the grill and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a saute pan. Add the shallots when the oil starts to shimmer. Saute until crispy, and then drain on a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt.
- .Slice the pork and serve with the shallots and salsa.
Recipe courtesy of Laurey's, Show: Chuck's Eat the Street, The Food Network