A very simple and delicious recipe for sausage, peppers, and onions for that you will use for years to come. For an extra kick, try using half sweet sausage and half hot sausage from Farmer Nicks and Pastured Perfect. Grab the white wine from Glunz Family Winery along with the veggies from one of our farm stand vendors.
- 6 (4 ounce) links sweet Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Place the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown on all sides. Remove from skillet and slice.
- Melt butter in the skillet. Stir in the yellow onion, red onion, and garlic, and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in red bell pepper and green bell pepper. Season with basil, and oregano. Stir in white wine. Continue to cook and stir until peppers and onions are tender.
- Return sausage slices to skillet with the vegetables. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until sausage is heated through.
Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.com