Drizzling maple syrup over your Sunday pancakes is just the beginning, especially if you use the great tasting maple syrup from our new vendor Idle Hour Maple. Roasting cherry tomatoes with maple syrup enhance their natural sweetness, making them an ideal partner for rich, tangy goat cheese Stop by The Cheese People for the goat cheese, and Great Harvest Bread Company for the crusty bread. Enjoy!
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus leaves for serving
- 6 thick slices crusty white bread (such as country bread), toasted
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss tomatoes, syrup, oil, and 2 Tbsp. mint on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast tomatoes until caramelized and tender, 20–25 minutes. Pour off roasting liquid into a small bowl.
- Drizzle each toast with roasting liquid, then spread with goat cheese and top with roasted tomatoes and mint leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Rebekah Peppler Epicurious July 2015