Don't believe the critics, liver's delicious and good for you. With liver from Pastured Perfect and white wine from Glunz, this recipe just might make you into a convert. Don’t forget to grab some onions from Geneva Lakes Produce along with some fresh herbs.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb beef liver
- 1/4-1/2 cup butter
- oil, to taste
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced Italian parsley
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in bag.
- Slice the liver into 1/2 inch strips and shake in bag of seasonings to coat.Set aside.
- Heat skillet with 2-3 tablespoons of butter and a dash of oil.
- Saute the onions on medium heat until tender and glossy.
- Transfer to side dish and sprinkle with sage, salt and pepper.
- Return skillet to high heat, add 3-4 tablespoons butter and dash of oil.
- Add liver and sear 5 minutes until brown. Inside meat should be slightly pink.
- Return onions to pan until heated. Remove liver and onions from pan and plate.
- Use stock and wine to deglaze pan and reduce liquid til you have a thickened sauce.
- Pour over liver and onions, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Recipe courtesy of food.com