Pork Chops Stuffed with Smoked Gouda and Bacon
Easy and elegant enough for the in-laws. Shop Pastured Perfect and Farmer Nicks for your choice of pork and bacon. The Cheese People have your Gouda and don’t forget a bottle of wine from Glunz Farmily Winery. To kick it up a notch, try Bacon Flavored Grapeseed oil from Wild Tree.
- 2 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (2 1/4 inch thick) center-cut, bone-in pork chops
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, bacon, parsley, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Lay the chop flat on cutting board, and with a sharp knife held parallel to the board, cut a pocket into the pork, going all the way to the bone, but leaving the sides intact. Stuff cheese mixture into pocket, and close with a wooden toothpick. Brush meat with oil, and season with salt and more black pepper.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until pork is done. Careful not to overcook!
Tip: Be sure, when filling the chops, not to stuff it too full, or the meat will be done cooking before the cheese has had a chance to melt.
Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.com