As much as we don't want to admit that summer's end is near, it's time to start getting ready for tailgate season. And there's nothing more important than the food. The star of the pre-game show? Cheese. Switch up the cheese in this recipe with suggestions from Emile at The Cheese People. And, shop our meat vendors for flavorful varieties of bacon. Mema’s Jam is your go to place for the apricot jam. Go team!
- Smoked gouda cheese, cut in thin strips
- Jalapeño peppers, halved and seeded
- Bacon strips (same number as jalapeño halves)
- Apricot jam
1. Place strips of smoked gouda inside jalapeño halves.
2. Fry bacon just until cooked and remove from heat. Drain on paper towels just until cool enough to touch.
3. Wrap bacon strip around each cheese-stuffed jalapeño half and place on baking sheet.
4. Heat broiler and broil stuffed peppers until cheese is melted and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
5. Let cool slightly. Serve with apricot jam.
Recipe courtesy of: eatwisconsincheese.com