Sweet corn and peppers are plentiful and brought fresh picked to the Market. Shop our farm stand vendors for the ingredients to make this colorful side dish with sweet corn, peppers and fresh herbs. Tip: Pastured Perfect and Lester’s Bison Farm sell yummy Amish butter to add rich flavor to this dish.
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small orange bell pepper, 1/2-inch diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kernels cut from 5 ears yellow or white corn (4 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons julienned fresh basil, minced fresh chives, and/or minced fresh parsley leaves
1. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large saute pan. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes, until the onion is soft. Stir in the bell pepper and saute for 2 more minutes.
2. Add the butter to the pan and allow it to melt. Over medium heat, add the corn, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, until the corn just loses its starchiness. Season to taste, gently stir in the basil or other green herbs, and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Ina Garten, Barefoot Contessa Back to Basic