Simple and delicious made with fresh peaches and cherries from our farm stand vendors. Check Wildtree and Tastefully Simple for their selection of balsamic vinegars. Kick it up a notch and serve over a slice of Nana’s rum cake or a treat from Cindy’s Petite Sweets. Or, how about cookies on the side from Felix’s Famous Cookies? Whatever you choose it is going to be Farmers Market great!
- 1/2 pound cherries, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons sugar, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pound peaches, sliced
- In a small saucepan, stir together the cherries, sugar and balsamic.
- In a medium bowl toss the warm cherries and syrup with the sliced peaches, add more sugar to taste and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Ellie Krieger Food Network