Strawberry Salad with Gorgonzola, Walnuts, and Mint
Feast your eyes on this stunning Strawberry Salad with Gorgonzola, Walnuts and Mint! It's a party in your mouth! And, there is no better place than the Market for your fresh strawberries, herbs and lettuce. Check out Wild Tree for their selection of balsamic vinegar and oils and The Cheese People for their fine selection of cheese.
- 5 oz spring mix (I like the 50/50 mix with half spring mix and half spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, washed, hulled, sliced
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 3 oz creamy Gorgonzola ½ cup mint chiffonade
- Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Place spring mix in a large bowl. Top with strawberries and walnuts.
- Sprinkle Gorgonzola and mint chiffonade over the top.
- For the dressing.
- Combine all ingredients in a glass jar with a lid.
- Place the lid on the jar and shake vigorously until the dressing has emulsified. It should look homogeneous in appearance.
- Serve salad with dressing on the side or drizzle over the top just before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Fave Healthy Recipes Author: Trish - Mom On Timeout