While we are waiting for our fresh veggies to come in, there is plenty to shop for like, eggs, butter, bakery goods, spices and lox from Bobby with the Aspiring Kitchen. This recipe is great for brunch or a late night supper. Serve it with muffins from Swirl Café or croissants from Taste of Paris. Check out Glunz Family Winery. We are sure you will find the perfect white wine.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ounces chopped smoked salmon
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Toasted bagels, for serving
- Whisk the eggs. Then, into a medium bowl, pass the eggs through a fine mesh strainer. Add the half-and-half and whisk until smooth. Add the pepper and whisk until well combined.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on low heat and melt the butter. Pour the eggs into the skillet. Using a heat resistant rubber spatula, stir the egg mixture over low heat to create soft, creamy curds. Continue to cook until soft and creamy, and then sprinkle in the salmon. Cook to light and fluffy. Serve, garnished with chives. Serve with a toasted bagel.
Recipe courtesy of Ree Drummond Food Network