This omelet is great at any time of the year, but reminds us most of spring especially when asparagus is in season. Serve with toast or an English muffin from Swirl Café. Try a flavored grapeseed oil from Wild Tree to kick it up a notch. Oh…and don’t forget to add the bacon!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup milk (optional)
3 spears asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/3 cup green onions, chopped
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the asparagus, mushrooms and onions; cook and stir until the asparagus is fairly soft, about 4 minutes.
3. Whisk together the eggs and milk in a small bowl; pour over the sauteed vegetables and reduce the heat to medium.
4. While the omelet cooks, lift the edge to allow the uncooked egg to flow underneath.
5. When most of the egg is cooked, sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top. Allow the cheese to melt slightly, then fold in half and serve.
Recipe courtesy of All Recipies