Brussels sprouts are not just for Thanksgiving They are great any time of the year. Have you seen the Brussels sprouts at Geneva Lakes? They are perfect for this recipe. On top of that, a variety of flavorful bacon and Amish butter are available at the Market. Kick it up another notch with bacon flavored grapeseed oil from Wild Tree. Want more? Add mushrooms from River Valley and switch a red onion for the white.
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate, then roughly chop.
- In same pan with bacon fat, melt butter over high heat. Add onions and Brussels Sprouts and cook, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss bacon back into pan. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Sunny Anderson Food Network