Crispy, sweet and salty, this three-ingredient snack is the ultimate cocktail party hors d'oeuvre perfect to serve over the holidays. And how much better than it get with the fine selection of regular and flavored bacon from the Market. Serve it with cheese from the Cheese People, baguettes from the Aspiring Kitchen and wine from Glunz Family Winery. Our Board President, Steve, loves bacon. We think he will enjoy this.
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chile powder
- 20 slices of thick-cut bacon (1 1/2 pounds)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with foil.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the brown sugar with the chile powder.
4. Arrange the bacon strips on the foil and coat the tops with the chile sugar.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until caramelized and almost crisp.
6. Transfer the bacon to a rack set over a sheet of foil to cool completely; serve.
The bacon candy can be made earlier in the day; store at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Food and Wine Magazine