Excite your taste buds with a sweet and spicy toast combo. The pears from Klug Orchards are great on their own but this certainly kicks it up a notch. Shop Pastured Perfect for your pepper jelly, our bakers for artisan whole grain bread, and The Cheese People for your brie. Try a flavored grapeseed oil from Wild Tree for a lighter taste than the olive oil. This toast is a knockout and makes for a great midday snack or a holiday appetizer.
- 1 oz. whole grain bread, toasted
- 3/4 oz. brie
- ½ pear, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of pepper jelly
- 1 teaspoon part-skim ricotta
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1/16 teaspoon sea salt
1. Toast bread to desired doneness.
2. Spread ricotta on toast. Top with brie and pears. Drizzle olive oil and pepper jelly, and add sea salt.
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light