This quick-cooking dish offers a nice balance of savory and sweet tastes. Serve with a side of simple roasted Brussels sprouts for a special meal that's full of fall flavors. Shop the Market for your fixings including fresh pears from Kevin at Klug Orchards.
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 ripe pear, cored and cut into 16 wedges
1. Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each pork chop to form a pocket. Stuff 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese into each pocket. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper evenly over both sides of pork. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add pork to pan; sauté for 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove pork from pan, and let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Melt butter in pan; swirl to coat. Add pear; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Serve with pork.
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light