Beet Gazpacho with Shrimp
What an elegant dish for friends and family. Float cooked shrimp from RDM Fish and Shrimp on a bowl of gazpacho made heartier with earthy beets from our Farm Stand Vendors. Serve with crackers from kleiner’s crackers or crispy bread from one of our artisan bakers. Bobby from RDM will tell you the best way to cook the shrimp for this dish.
- 8.8 ounces cooked beets, chopped, juices reserved
- 3/4 pound large cooked shrimp
- 1 large cucumber (12 ounces), peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes (about 5 medium), cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, plus more for serving
- Puree beets with juices, cucumber, tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, oil, 1 tablespoon salt, and basil in a blender or food processor until almost smooth. Season with more salt as desired.
- Chill until ready to serve, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Divide gazpacho among 4 serving bowls. Drizzle with oil, and top with shrimp and a few basil leaves.
- Serve, with crackers.
Recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart Living.