What a great combination of flavors and a great summer dinner. Shop the Market for your chicken from our meat vendors, peaches from our Michigan fruit farmers and vinegar and oils from Wild Tree and Gourmet on the Go. Don’t forget the wine from Glunz!
- 1 3 1/2- to 4-pound chicken
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 peaches, quartered (peeled, if desired)
- 4 small shallots, halved
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Rub the chicken with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Place in a roasting pan or baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the peaches, shallots, vinegar, thyme, and the remaining oil, salt, and pepper.
- Scatter the peach mixture around the chicken. Roast until the chicken is cooked through and a thigh registers 180° F on a meat thermometer, about 1 hour, 10 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with the peaches and pan sauce.
Recipe Courtesy of Sara Quessenberry Real Simple