You can mix up your own Sangria. But, why bother when you can purchase great tasting Sangria from Glunz Family Winery & Cellars. Fresh peaches and berries are arriving at the Market so you can make your drink Farmers Market style. Don’t forget to serve it with cocktail crackers from Kleiner’s Krackers.
- 2 yellow peaches, peeled and cut into 6 wedges each
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries, sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 bottle sweet Riesling
- 1 cup apple juice (or more to taste if wine is dry)
- Club soda
- Brush the surface of a cast-iron grill pan with vegetable oil and heat on high until hot.
- Place the peach quarters on top and let cook until seared well on all sides. Remove to cutting board and let cool. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes and transfer to a pitcher, along with the strawberries.
- Add riesling and juice and stir to blend. Place in refrigerator for a couple of hours to chill well, or overnight. Stir before serving, then spoon some of the fruit into each glass over ice. Add Sangria, then top with club soda and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Megan O. Steintrager / TODAY