Fresh greens are arriving at the Market so now is the time for a spinach salad Farmers Market Style. Chef
Randy offers mustards for your salad dressing . And if you don’t want to make your own, shop Wild Tree
and Gourmet on the Go for their salad dressing selections. The rest is there. Have fun shopping!
- 3 whole eggs
- 7 slices thick-cut peppered bacon
- 8 ounces baby spinach, washed, dried and stems removed
- 1 small whole red onion
- 1 package white button mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash salt
1. Place the eggs in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Then turn off the heat and allow to sit in the water for 20 minutes. Drain off the water and add ice on top of the eggs.
2. Fry the bacon in a skillet until crispy/chewy. Remove to a paper towel. Drain the fat into a bowl and reserve. Give the skillet a wipe with kitchen paper.
3. Slice the red onion very thinly, and then add to the skillet. Cook slowly until the onions are caramelized and reduced. Remove to a plate and set aside.
4. Slice the mushrooms and add them to the same skillet with a little of the reserved bacon fat if needed. Cook slowly until caramelized and brown. Remove to a plate and set aside.
5. Chop the bacon. Peel and slice the eggs.
6. Make the hot bacon dressing: Add 3 tablespoons of the reserved bacon fat, vinegar, sugar, Dijon and salt to a small saucepan or skillet over medium-low heat. Whisk together and heat thoroughly until bubbly.
7. Add the spinach to a large bowl. Arrange the onions, mushrooms and bacon on top. Pour the hot dressing over the top; toss to combine. Arrange the eggs over the top and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Ree Drummond Food Network