BBQ Salad Dressing
We asked Gourmet on the Go to create a recipe for us using their BBQ sauce, fresh Market Greens and Bison from Lester’s Bison Farm. Thanks Chef Randy.
This recipe makes enough to dress one family size salad. You can be creative and put whatever veggie or berry that catches your fancy at the farmer’s market. Top your salad with some nice grilled Bison for the perfect summer meal.
- ½ cup Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- ¼ cup of any Chef Randy’s BBQ Sauce
- A pinch of Chef Randy’s Rub (any one will be great)
- Salad greens
- Bison steak
1. Combine ingredients in a small bowl mixing well.
2. Serve freshly tossed on salad or on the side.
1. Remove meat from the refrigerator and allow to rest on an elevated baking rack
for about an hour at room temperature to prepare for grilling. Bison really benefits from
this because it is a leaner meat.
2. Rub a bit of canola oil on the steak and sprinkle it lightly with any Chef Randy’s
Rub, before placing on your heated grill. For 1 ½ inch steaks grill 5 minutes per
side for rare, 6 for medium rare.
3. Steaks should always rest 10 minutes before cutting