With fresh peaches at the Market, along with great Market offerings, you can make this extremely simple recipe into something special for summer entertaining! Peaches are grilled with a balsamic glaze, then served up with crumbled blue cheese. Try replacing the sugar in the recipe with the flavored vinegars from Wild Tree and The Olive Tap. We suggest a glass a wine from Glunz Family Winery for the perfect pairing. Ask Demetri for his pick.
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black peppercorns
- 2 large fresh peaches with peel, halved and pitted
- 2 1/2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the white sugar, balsamic vinegar, and pepper. Simmer until liquid has reduced by one half. It should become slightly thicker. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place peaches on the prepared grill, cut side down. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the flesh is caramelized. Turn peaches over. Brush the top sides with the balsamic glaze, and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the peach halves to individual serving dishes, and drizzle with remaining glaze. Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese.
Recipe courtesy of All Recipes