What a simple and tasty use for those fresh picked watermelons our farm stand vendors are bringing to the Market. Better yet, all the ingredients are at the Market so all you need to do is shop the Market, bring the ingredients home and create a beautiful salad for Wednesday evening’s dinner. Select a crisp wine from Glunz, Demetri can make a suggestion, crab a baguette from one of our artisan bakers and you just made dinner even tastier!
- 1/2 a seedless watermelon
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- One 10-ounce package cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and ground pepper
- For the salad: Using a melon baller, carve out balls of watermelon and put in a large bowl.
- Remove the basil leaves from the stems (and throw the stems away). Tear the basil leaves into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Cut the feta cheese into 1/2-inch cubes. Put everything in the same bowl.
- For the dressing: Add the olive oil, vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Gently toss your tomato feta melon salad and serve right away.
Recipe courtesy Amy Cao, Stupidly Simple Snacks