Feta-Stuffed BLT Burgers
Everyone loves burgers and our vendors have all the ingredients to make that special Farmers Market burger. Try spiced bacon, add barbeque sauce, shop for special seasonings and how about mushrooms? Buns, we have them along with a tasty selection of specialty breads. It’s all at the Market!
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled (1 cup)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
- 4 leaves Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 large tomato, sliced crosswise
Cook's Note: Shape and stuff patties up to a day ahead and refrigerate, wrapped in plastic.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high until fat is rendered and bacon is browned, about 5 minutes, flipping halfway through. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Form beef into 8 thin 5-inch patties. Top 4 patties with 1/4 cup cheese each, leaving a 1/4-inch border, then top with remaining patties. Pinch edges to seal; season burgers with salt and pepper.
- Pour off fat from skillet, wipe clean, and heat over medium. Add 2 burgers and cook until dark brown and firm to the touch, about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Repeat with remaining burgers. Serve burgers on buns with bacon, lettuce, and tomato.
Recipe courtesy of Everyday Food, June 2011