Fix mom a fun Mother’s Day breakfast that even the kids will have fun will enjoy The basic recipe is below but you can always explore the Market for ways to make the pizzas your own creation. Shop for various kinds of sausages from our meat vendors and varieties of cheese from The Cheese People. Don’t stop at ciabatta bread look for other varieties at Katic Breads and Wild Flour. You can substitute flavored grapeseed oil from Wild Tree for the oil used in the recipe. Oh and grab a dozen fresh eggs available at the Market. Mom will thank you for this special treat!
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces sliced hot pepper Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 pound spicy or sweet Italian sausages, casings removed
- 8 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut bread horizontally in half. Place bread halves, cut side up, on separate baking sheets. Mix onions and 6 tablespoons oil in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve 2 tablespoons onion oil and spread remaining onion oil over bread. Top with cheese.
2. Sauté Italian sausages in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, breaking up with spoon, about 7 minutes. Divide sausage among bread halves. Bake pizzas until cheese melts and bread begins to crisp, about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in each of 2 large skillets over medium-high heat. Crack 4 eggs into each skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let eggs stand in skillets while pizzas bake.
4. Arrange 4 eggs atop each pizza. Spoon reserved onion oil over eggs. Cut each pizza between eggs into 4 pieces.
Recipe courtesy of Bon Appétit January 2008 by The Bon Appétit Test Kitchen