Celebrate the return of Olives4You to the Summer Market with their fine selection of olives and pita. Pick up the rest of the ingredients as you shop the Market for fresh tomatoes, oils, spices and the cheese. Test-kitchen tip: to pit an olive easily, simply crush the olive with the side of a chef's knife and pop out the pit.
- 1 cup diced seeded plum tomatoes (about 4)
- 1/2 cup pitted coarsely chopped mixed olives
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 4 whole wheat pita breads
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 3 ounces)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Stir tomatoes, olives, onion, 2 tablespoons oil, and mint in small bowl to blend.
- Brush 1 side of each pita with remaining 2 tablespoons oil; place pitas, oiled side down, on grill. Cook until lightly charred, about 2 minutes. Turn pitas over; top with tomato mixture, spreading almost to edges. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover barbecue and grill pitas until topping is warm, about 2 minutes. Transfer pitas to plates and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Bon Appétit | July 2004