- 1 (3 lb) beef tenderloin
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
1. Sprinkle beef tenderloin with salt and pepper.
2. Place tenderloin in a foil-lined roasting pan.
3. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
4. In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter.
5. Add onion, garlic, and mushroom; saute 7 minutes.
6. Add wine, worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, and hot sauce.
7. In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together beef broth and flour; stir into wine mixture.
8. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until onion is tender.
9. Remove beef from oven, and top with sauce.
10. Bake beef 18 more minutes or to desired degree of doneness, basting once.
11. Transfer beef to a serving platter, reserving sauce in pan.
12. Let beef stand 10 minutes before slicing.
13. Serve with sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Food.com