The apples in this recipe offer a sweet-tart contrast with the bitter Brussels sprouts. Leave the red skin on for a pretty contrast, or peel the apple, if you prefer. Apples and Brussels sprouts are in abundance at the Market from Klug Orchards and Geneva Lakes Produce. And don’t forget to grab that apple cider from Klug.
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Combine apple and Brussels sprouts in an 11 x 7–inch baking dish. Add apple cider, olive oil, minced fresh thyme, salt, and freshly ground black pepper; toss well. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until sprouts are tender.
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light November 2009