Eggs from Farmer Nick or Lester’s Bison Farm, your
vegetables from our farm stand vendors, spices from Friends Country Market and
Gryere from The Cheese People and you got it made. A healthy, easy recipe for a Farmers Market
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced leek (about 2 large)
- 12 ounces fingerling potatoes, cut in half lengthwise (about 4 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Spanish smoked paprika, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper, divided
- 4 cups thinly sliced trimmed Swiss chard (about 1 bunch)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Gruyère cheese
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan.
2. Add leek; cook 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add potatoes and garlic; cook 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
4. Add chard; cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Using a spoon, push potato mixture aside to make 4 egg-size spaces.
6. Crack 1 egg into each space; sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon paprika over eggs.
7. Cover and cook 3 minutes; sprinkle cheese over potato mixture.
8. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until egg yolks are lightly set.
Recipe courtesy of Jeanne Kelley, Cooking Light APRIL 2011