A traditional lamb and mint combination is taken to the next level with balsamic vinegar and honey. The natural sugar in the honey helps the chops caramelize on the grill. Shop The Meat Goat for your lamb and browse the Market for your selections of honey, spices and balsamic vinegar.
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (4-ounce) lamb loin chops, about 1 inch thick, trimmed
1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well.
2. Place lamb in a single layer in a shallow dish; rub spice mixture evenly over both sides of lamb. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
3. Prepare grill.
4. Place lamb on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of David Bonom, Cooking Light