Shop our farm stand vendors for a bountiful selection of summer squash and tomatoes. The Olive Tap and Wild Tree have a fine selection of flavored olive and grapeseed oils. Add mushrooms from River Valley, olives and capers from Olives4You and you have added another layer of flavor. Shop the Market to make it your own in season Market dinner.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, smashed
- 1 pound small zucchini, cut into 3 by 1/2-inch strips
- 1 pound small yellow summer squash, cut into 3 by 1/2-inch strips
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup quartered vine-ripened grape or cherry tomatoes
- 8 mint leaves, cut into thin strips
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and garlic, and saute until the garlic is golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and discard the garlic. Increase the heat to high and add the squash.
2. Saute, tossing frequently until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and mint and cook until warmed, about 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in a warm bowl.
Recipe courtesy of the FoodNework