Peaches are in season to make that great brunch or dinner salad. Switch it up and grill the peaches, add berries, try lemon flavored grapeseed or olive oil, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and top it off with fresh mint. It all starts with fresh mozzarella from The Cheese People and then shop the Market for the rest of your Market fresh ingredients.
- 3 ripe peaches (peeled, if desired)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Cut each peach into 6 to 8 wedges, and then cut each wedge in half crosswise.
2. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, basil, and mozzarella. Drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with the salt and pepper, and toss. (You can cover and refrigerate the salad for up to several hours.)
3. Serve cold or at room temperature.
By Kate Merker, Real Simple August, 2006