Spoil Mom the way she deserves this year -- starting with a meal she won't soon forget. River Valley ranch has a wonderful selection of ravioli. Add the bacon from one of our meat vendors and check for fresh greens from Geneva Lakes. Look for other flavorful dressings and spices at the Market to top off that special Ravioli.
- 1 pound ravioli (fresh or frozen)
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 bunches fresh spinach, thick stems removed (about 8 cups)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Cook the ravioli according to the package directions. Drain and divide among bowls.
2. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes; transfer to a paper towel–lined plate. Crumble.
3. Wipe out the skillet and heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the spinach, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, tossing, until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Stir the bacon and lemon juice into the spinach. Spoon the mixture over the ravioli.
By Sara Quessenberry , Real Simple May, 2009