Looking for a new sweet potato recipe for Thanksgiving or an idea for leftovers? Try this one made from farm picked sweet potatoes from Geneva Lakes and cheeses from The Cheese People. Try grapeseed oil from Wild Tree for a healthy alternate to the olive oil. Kick it up a notch and try a spice blend. Just ask Audrey and Mike from Wildtree for their recommendation.
- 4 small sweet potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 ounces fontina, grated (3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 ounces Parmesan, grated (1/3 cup)
- Heat oven to 425° F. Rub the potatoes with the oil and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bake, cut-side down, on a rimmed baking sheet, until golden brown and tender, 18 to 22 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil. Combine the fontina and Parmesan in a small bowl. Turn the potatoes cut-side up and top with the cheese mixture, dividing evenly. Broil until the cheese is melted and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with more pepper, if desired. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Charlyne Mattox , Real Simple November, 2013