Don’t miss out on the opportunity for fresh ingredients from the Market. Shop our Farm Stand vendors for your kale and onion and fresh picked Michigan apples. This recipe call for one apple but take some home for a healthy snack. Shop Farmer Nick and Lester’s Bison Farm for their selection of great bacon.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 medium bunch kale, thick stems removed and leaves torn into bite-size pieces (about 10 cups)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Let cool, then crumble.
2. Add the onion and apple to the drippings in the skillet and cook until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the kale, season with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes more. Mix in the bacon and vinegar.
Recipe courtesy of Sue Li , Real Simple October, 2012