Thanksgiving weekend is going to be busy shopping the market for door buster deals and supporting our local businesses on Small Business Saturday. Sweet Potato Hash lets you throw all of your Thanksgiving leftovers together for a quick family meal. Run out of eggs or veggies? Shop Geneva Lakes for your produce and Farmer Nick’s and Lester’s Bison Farm for your fresh from the farm eggs.
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (use grapeseed oil as an alternative)
- 5 tablespoons Butter divided
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (1/2 inch cubes)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 pound Leftover Turkey (1/2 inch diced)
- 1 Small Yellow Onion
- 3 Scallions (sliced; separating green and white parts)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)2 Apples (1/2 inch cubes)
- 4 Sprigs of Thyme (leaves taken off the stem)
- 6 Eggs
1. In a large sauté pan heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes and season with salt. Sauté for 6-8 minutes just until the potato turns golden brown. Add the turkey and continue to brown for 2 more minutes.
2. Toss in onion, scallion whites, garlic, season with salt, and continue to cook. Once onions are soft and garlic is fragrant, about 3 minutes, add apples and sauté. Cook just until apples begin to soften. Toss in the thyme.
3. In a large nonstick pan heat 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat until melted. Fry eggs until the whites are cooked and yolks are soft and slightly warm to the touch, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Serve an egg on top of each portion of hash. Garnish with scallion greens, salt and pepper to taste.