Fall flavors are making their annual return, and that means it's time to get cozy in the kitchen with comforting and hearty autumnal dinners that celebrate the season. The Fall Market is your go to place to get your fresh and flavorful ingredients. Adding mushrooms would really make this bountiful. Ingredients:
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) sweet smoked paprika
- 4 slice(s) of multigrain bread, toasted
- 4 ounce(s) extra-sharp cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the brussels sprouts until they are just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
2.Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until just softened, about 5 minutes. Add the paprika, cover, and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until the onion is tender, about 10 minutes; add a little water if the onion dries out.
3.Add the brussels sprouts to the skillet and cook until tender throughout, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4.Arrange the toasts on a baking sheet and top with the cheddar. Bake for 2 minutes, until the cheese is melted; mound the brussels sprouts and onions on top and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Food & Wine Magazine