We have it all--apples, pork, spices, fresh herbs and seasonings. Our farm stand vendors are bringing in fresh picked varieties of apples. Ask them for their favorite. Don’t forget the rest—fresh herbs, the best meat, zesty spices and crisp white wines. Ingredients:
- 2 pieces pork tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 Gala, Honey Crisp or Golden Delicious apples, quartered, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F
- Coat the tenderloins with olive oil. Combine the grill seasoning, lemon zest and thyme. Rub the spice mixture into the tenderloin and roast 25 minutes. Remove and let juices settle then slice on an angle.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat and sauté apples for 12 to 15 minutes until very tender. Season with a pinch of salt and sprinkle the flour over the skillet, toss to combine. Squeeze the lemon juice over the skillet and sweeten with sugar.
- Arrange the apples over the pork to serve.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray, 2007