This twist on the classic steak sandwich will leave your mouth watering. Just try it and see. The charred corn mustard also works great on grilled chicken breast and pork tenderloin. Ask our bakers to recommend a great bun or crusty loaf of bread. Ingredients for the Skirt Steak:
- 1 pound Skirt Steak
- 4 Kaiser Rolls
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce (thinly sliced)
- 2 Beefsteak Tomatoes
- 1 Lemon (juice and zest)
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided uses)
Ingredients for the Charred Corn Mustard:
- 2 ears Corn (shucked)
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
Instructions for the Skirt Steak:
- Heat a grill or grillpan to medium high heat.
- Season the skirt steak generously on both sides with salt and freshly ground pepper. Brush the grill or the grillpan with extra virgin olive oil. Grill the steak for 5 minutes per side for rare. Allow the steak to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Toss the romaine in 2 tablespoons olive oil and the juice and zest of the lemon.
- Place a few slices of the steak onto each of the kaiser rolls. Top with some dressed shredded romaine, a dollop of the corn mustard, a and a slice of beefsteak tomato. Season the sandwiches with salt and pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Instructions For the Charred Corn Mustard:
- Preheat a grill to medium high. Brush with olive oil. Grill the ears of corn until charred in places, about 5 minutes, rotating throughout the cooking process. Cut the corn off of the cob into a bowl.
- In a saute pan over low heat, heat a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the onion, and season with salt and pepper. Cook over low about 20 minutes, until onions are caramelized. Add the caramelized onions to the corn.
- Add the dijon mustard to the bowl with the corn and onion, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and mix well.
Recipe courtesy of The CHEW