What a unique way to serve the fresh vegetables that are arriving at the Market! Don't want to make your own dressing? The Market has a fine selection. No fresh basil left in your garden? You can find it at the Market. The Cheese People have your blue cheese and will be happy to make new suggestions and you can pick up some crusty, fresh bread from our bakers. Ask our wine vendors for their recommendations for an accompanying wine and you have dinner. Bingo!
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ears corn, grilled in the husk, kernels removed
- 1 sweet onion halved and thinly sliced
- 1 pint Sweet 100 tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Fresh basil sprigs, for garnish
- Combine the vinegar, basil, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and oil in a blender and blend until smooth. Can be made 2 hours in advance and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before using.
- Combine the corn kernels, onion and tomato in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat, season with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
- Top with crumbled blue cheese and garnish with basil sprigs just before serving. Salad can be made 1 day in advance and served cold or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay, Food Network 2007