Fresh varieties of corn have arrived at the market! Like creamed corn jazzed up with spicy jalapeños and sweet bell peppers? You will love this recipe. Rumor has it that it is a favorite of Steve, our Market President. Shop our market vendors to see what else you can add to make it your own. Have a great recipe you would like to share? Stop by the Friends of the Market Tent and we will be happy to publish it is a future newsletter.
- 8 ear(s) corn (still in the husk)
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 fresh jalapeños, diced
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 stick(s) salted butter, cut into pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Remove the corn from the husks. In a large, deep bowl, slice off the kernels of corn with a sharp knife. Turn the knife to the dull side and scrape the cob all the way down to remove all the bits of kernel and creamy milk inside. (I do this inside the bowl because it goes everywhere if you cut it on a board.)
3. Add the red bell peppers, jalapeños, heavy cream, milk, salt to taste, a generous amount of pepper and butter and mix it well. Pour into a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Bake until thoroughly warmed through, 30 to 45 minutes.