You may think barbecuing is just for savory foodstuffs, but guess again. Peaches make a delightful addition to the grill, turning slightly smoky and sweeter than ever. Mixed with this spinach salad, they pair equally well with fish, steak or pork. Turn this salad into a sandwich by slicing the chicken, then layering it with the peaches, onions and spinach between two slices of bread. Or, stuff it into a pita. Don’t want to make your own dressing, pick one up from the market. Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) grated ginger
- 3 tablespoon(s) (plus 1 tsp.) olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 medium red onions, sliced into 1/2-in.-thick rounds
- 4 (6-oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 peaches, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch(es) spinach, thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
1. Heat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, ginger, 1 Tbsp. of the oil, and 1/8 tsp. each salt and pepper; set aside.
2. Brush the onions with 1 Tbsp. of the oil and season with 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Brush the chicken with 1 tsp. of the oil, and season with 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper. In a bowl, toss the peaches with the remaining Tbsp. oil.
3. Grill the chicken and onions until the chicken is cooked through and the onions are tender, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Grill the peaches (reserve the bowl) until charred, 2 minutes per side.
4. Transfer the peaches and onions to the bowl. Add the spinach and vinaigrette and toss to combine. Serve with the chicken.
Courtesy of Woman's Day Kitchen