In the last newsletter we posted a recipe for 10 Things to Grill in Foil. (You can view our recipes by clicking the past issues tab in the upper left hand corner of the newsletter.) Here are 10 more. With all the meat, fish, shrimp, olives, fresh vegetables and fruit available at the market, you can’t miss in creating these easy foil packets. We have your cheese, herbs, bacon, spices and oils too. All you need from your pantry is the nonstick foil. Got a recipe of your own? Stop by the Friends of the Market Tent and we will feature it in a future newsletter. How to make a foil packet:
1. Lay a large sheet of heavy-duty foil or a double layer of regular foil on a flat surface.
2. Put the ingredients in the center of the foil. Bring the short ends of the foil together and fold twice to seal; fold in the sides to seal, leaving room for steam. Grill as directed. (Each recipe serves 2 to 4.)
10 More Things to Grill in Foil:
- Roasted Garlic-Slice the point off 1 head garlic to expose the cloves. Coat with 2 teaspoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Seal in a foil packet. Grill over medium-low heat, 45 minutes.
- Spicy Olives-Toss 1 cup olives, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes and 1 minced garlic clove on a sheet of foil. Form a packet. Grill over medium-high heat, turning often, 15 minutes.
- Lemon-Herb-Chicken Toss 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, 1/4 cup chopped mixed herbs and 3 tablespoons each of olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl. Divide among 4 foil packets. Grill over medium heat.
- Mexican Corn Brush 4 ears corn with melted butter and sprinkle with cotija cheese, cayenne and lime juice; seal in individual foil packets. Grill over medium-high heat, turning a few times, 15 minutes.
- Italian Corn-use the Mexican Corn recipe (No4), replacing the cotija cheese with parmesan and the lime juice with lemon juice.
- Salt-Roasted Potatoes-Combine 2 cups kosher salt and 2 sprigs chopped rosemary on a sheet of foil. Bury 1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes in the salt mixture and form a packet. Grill over medium heat, covered, 45 minutes.
- Spiced Potatoes-use Salt-Roasted Potatoes recipe (No6), replacing the rosemary with 1/4 cup curry powder, Cajun seasoning or Old Bay Seasoning.
- Potato Gratin Toss-2 thinly sliced peeled potatoes, 1/4 cup grated parmesan, 2 tablespoons melted butter, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Arrange in 4 to 5 layers on a sheet of nonstick foil. Drizzle with 1/4 cup cream and form a packet. Grill over medium heat, 25 minutes.
- Cheesy Garlic Bread-Mix 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend, 2 tablespoons softened butter, 1 grated garlic clove and salt. Halve 1 loaf French bread lengthwise and place cut-side up on a sheet of foil. Spread with the cheese mixture and form a packet. Grill over medium-high heat, 10 minutes.
- Ravioli with Zucchini and Tomatoes-Toss 2 sliced zucchini, 2 diced tomatoes, 4 smashed garlic cloves, olive oil, basil, and salt and pepper. Dividing the ingredients between 2 sheets of foil, top each with 4 ounces frozen cheese ravioli and form a packet. Grill over medium-high heat, 12 minutes.
Courtesy of Food Network Magazine