Appetizers are a holiday tradition. Food Network Magazine has 50 ideas for quick and easy toast toppers. Listed below are our 10 Farmers Market favorites. Too busy to make toast toppers--shop the market for your own appetizer tray or a gift basket for your friends. You can’t miss with our great selection of olives, hummus, pita, sausages, cheese, and mushrooms and of course that bottle of wine. Happy Holidays from the Grayslake Farmers Market! Check us out in Spring 2012. Instructions:
Step 1: Slice 1 to 2 loaves of French bread into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Check out Wild Flour
Step 2: Brush each slice with olive oil, grape seed oil or melted butter.
Step 3: Place the rounds on baking sheets and bake at 350 degrees until crisp throughout and lightly golden around the edges, about 15 minutes.
- Spread with fig jam; top with gorgonzola cheese and prosciutto.
- Spread with fig jam; top with goat cheese and chopped walnuts.
- Spread with hummus; top with olive tapenade.
- Top with sliced figs; drizzle with honey; sprinkle with sea salt.
- Spread with gorgonzola cheese; top with sliced pears.
- Top with pesto and shaved parmesan cheese.
- Top with pesto, crumbled bacon and chopped tomatoes.
- Sauté finely chopped mushrooms in butter and season with salt and thyme; spread on toasts; top with shaved parmesan cheese.
- Sauté thinly sliced onions in butter until caramelized; spread toasts with brie cheese; top with apple slices and caramelized onions.
10. Top with thinly sliced apples and grated cheddar cheese; broil until melted.