Serve over rice for a hearty dinner or over a bed of baby spinach for a lighter meal. Corn has arrived at the market. Visit your favorite vegetable vendor and Fabian Seafood, for a wonderful summer meal.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper (about 1 small)
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients; set aside.
- 2. Heat a 14-inch wok over high heat. Add oil to wok, swirling to coat. Add shallots, garlic, and jalapeño to wok; stir-fry 30 seconds or just until shallots begin to brown. Add shrimp to wok; stir-fry 3 minutes or until shrimp are done. Add corn; stir-fry 1 minute or just until corn is heated. Stir in juice mixture; sprinkle with cilantro.
Linda Lau Anusasananan, Cooking Light SEPTEMBER 2008