Can you just imagine this melt in your mouth recipe? You can make it with fresh mushrooms from River Valley Ranch, mozzarella from The Cheese People and oils and vinegar and veggies from our Market Vendors. Kick it up a notch and use Amish butter from Pastured Perfect. What’s not to like?
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Parsley
- 6 pieces Large Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 ounces Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 cup Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 1 bunch Fresh Basil
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1. Preheat oven to grill/broil settings on high heat.
2. Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven.
3. Combine all of the Garlic Butter ingredients together in a small saucepan (or microwave safe bowl), and melt until garlic is fragrant.
4. Brush the bottoms of each mushroom and place them, buttered side down, on a baking tray.
5. Flip and brush any remaining garlic over the insides of each cap.
6. Fill each mushroom with the mozzarella slices and tomatoes
7. Grill/broil until cheese has melted and golden in color (about 8 minutes).
8. To serve, top with the basil, drizzle with the balsamic glaze and sprinkle with salt to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Epicurious